Re: DB design issue

From: LC <lore.conti_at_tiscali.it>
Date: 18 Nov 2006 06:40:02 -0800

Bob Badour ha scritto:

> LC wrote:
>
> > Bob Badour ha scritto:
> >
> >>Hell no! I suggest you ignore Neo. He's one of the resident cranks on
> >>the newsgroup.
> >>
> >>The idea you propose is one most neophytes consider. Basically, you are
> >>just re-inventing the system catalog while giving up all the integrity
> >>function of the dbms.
> >
> > I understand, so could you suggest me a better appropriate line of
> > design?
>
> Based on such an obviously incomplete requirements specification? No,
> that would require malpractice.
>
> Anyone who gives detailed design recommendations on such scant
> information is a self-aggrandizing ignorant.
>
> You are struggling with complex types and with SQL's abject failure to
> provide any support for them whatsoever. Any design you come up with for
> SQL will be a hack or a kludge.

I agree with you, in fact I just did a raw sketch just to approach a first ingenuous solution.
I was not asking a detailed solution, of course. And I was not writing a detailed specification of a product. My aim is just to talk and confront with other people about an idea.

Maybe I post to the wrong group?

LC Received on Sat Nov 18 2006 - 15:40:02 CET

Original text of this message