Re: SQL For Smarties 3rd Edition - ATTN Joe Celko

From: Pickie <keith.johnson_at_datacom.co.nz>
Date: 15 Nov 2006 14:23:04 -0800

Jan Hidders wrote:
> David Cressey wrote:
> >
> > Here's the link to the top level page....
> >
> > http://www.utexas.edu/its/windows/database/datamodeling/rm/overview.html
> >
> > This leads down to E-R modeling, and introduces tables, etc. and also
> > normalization.
>
> Indeed a very nice reference. But ... I'm not very happy with their
> definitions of the normal forms.

<rest snipped>

I'm surprised there wasn't a howl of outrage at this!

"The relational model represents data in the form of two-dimension tables. Each table represents some real-world person, place, thing, or event about which information is collected. A relational database is a collection of two-dimensional tables." Received on Wed Nov 15 2006 - 16:23:04 CST