Re: Basic question?What 's the key if there 's no FD(Functional Dependencies)?

From: vc <boston103_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Nov 2006 22:22:21 -0800

NENASHI, Tegiri wrote:
[...]
> The advantage is a lot: evolution from functional datamodel DAPLEX to
> the functorial data mode: class is a category;

The FDM does not appear to offer much in comparison to the old fdm except the obscure categorical jargon, fdm/NIAM in its turn does not offer much in comparison to the r.m. (see old fdm discussions in this group).

>. Zinovy Diskin said that category theory

Your favorite chap Zinovy's article are pretty hollow unless he wrote something more substantial elsewhere.

The only interesting reference you've provided is the universal view updatability property. The author apparently knows what he is talking about, not jus tries his best to get published. I need to take a closer look though.

> and Lawvere who solved the mystery of what natural number is

Could you like explain this n.n thingy ? Don't we all know that the n.n are just 1,2,3, and so on ? Statements like that sort of undermine your credibility. Received on Sun Nov 05 2006 - 07:22:21 CET

Original text of this message