Bob needs a new catchphrase

From: Pickie <keith.johnson_at_datacom.co.nz>
Date: 30 Oct 2006 12:56:37 -0800

I thought it would be instructive to analyse Bob Badour's posts on the thread "Modeling Data for XML instead of SQL-DBMS" for what I think are "opinionated" comments. Bear in mind that this thread was started by Dawn who is (apparently) in Bob's "twit filter". By which I understood that Bob doesn't agree with her, doesn't like her, and doesn't want to have any dialogue with her.

Bob's first post - October 26

idiotic reason
idiotic decision
self-aggrandizing ignorant's
fatuous
self-aggrandizing ignorant
stupid decision
shit
self-aggrandizing ignorant
stupid
self-aggrandizing ignorant
self-aggrandizing ignorants

Bob's second post - October 27

pretty stupid
self-aggrandizing ignorants
perverse
blatant stupidity
misguided

Bob's third post - October 28

self-congratulating idiot
nonsense
self-congratulatory bullshit

Bob's fourth post - October 30

self-congratulating idiot

Now I see a few things in this.

The main point to me is that Bob makes a judgement of what Dawn's motive for posting is. Well, he can do that, of course, but it's rather obvious that there is no way anyone can verify it - excepting by Dawn making a confession. My rash speculation is that we will be waiting a long time for this.

Secondly, I wonder why Bob feels impelled to comment and re-comment. He makes no new points, he said he was going to ignore Dawn previously, his own opinion on XML, Pick, etc. is so well known that he doesn't even _need_ to post. He seems to have an almost monomaniacal inability to stay out of the discussion, any discussion.

Lastly, the whole term "self-aggrandizing ignorant" has been rather done to death - I mean, five times in one post??? I wonder if Bob uses cut and paste or a hot-key for this phrase. I would have a hard time typing it in again and again and again and again - I might even get wearied by the tedium of doing so. I am certainly wearied by the tedium of reading it so many times.

And so I concluded that "Bob needs a new catchphrase". We can all help him out here. It should capture the apoplectic splenetic dyspeptic querulousness that the name "Bob Badour" exemplifies. Moreover, it should have a bit more lasting power than the old phrase. And Bob, if you could just be the teensiest bit more judicious in your use of it, your posts might not be so boring. Well, not so quickly boring, anyway. Received on Mon Oct 30 2006 - 21:56:37 CET

Original text of this message