Re: SQL For Smarties 3rd Edition - ATTN Joe Celko

From: -CELKO- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 29 Oct 2006 04:06:17 -0800

>> This message is for Joe Celko - I thought this might be the best way to get in touch.<<

The best way is to email me directly. My email is very easy to find -- everyone in Nigeria knows ir!

>> I think the corrected text should read:
 Subjects table: "(course_code CHAR(6) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,"  and
 Enrollment table: "course_code CHAR(6) NOT NULL," <<

I agree and we will try to get it into the next printing. Go one step further, in a real schema, I would have added a constraint to format the course code properly:

CHECK course_code SIMILAR TO
'[:UPPER:][:UPPER:]-[:digit:][:digit:][:digit:]'

Don't forget to leave a review on Amazon.com. Received on Sun Oct 29 2006 - 13:06:17 CET

Original text of this message