Re: Mapping arbitrary number of attributes to DB

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua_at_eeinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:56:51 -0800

David Cressey wrote:
> PMFJI.
>
> Now that I see what you are up against, I have a better handle on why you
> are perplexed.
>
> If I can generalize a little bit from what you've written here, you want
> data model that will be impervious to changing information requirements.

Actually, I just want a data model that can have a flexible number of attributes since various stations will have a flexible number of attributes. :)

But I do understand the impossibility of preparing for every eventuality. I just want to be prepared for an eventuality I know will happen.

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE