Re: Proposal: 6NF

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Oct 2006 13:38:37 -0700

vc wrote:

> Any math binary operation should map pairs of values from some set to a
> value in the same set (SxS -> S), that's the essential property of the
> math structures known from one's school years, such as the natural
> numbers, the set of ntegers, the set of rationals, the set of reals,
> the complex numbers, etc,
Correct.
I would add to that the definition of a value is the characteristic of being the output of a predetermined transformation else it can NOT be considered a value. Which basically makes it totally meaningless to reason by examples as Jan Hidders did to establish truthes about RM...That's an example of shortcuts people are always willing to take especially in computing backgrounds... Received on Thu Oct 19 2006 - 22:38:37 CEST

Original text of this message