Re: inventory management problem

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:43:40 GMT

prabuinet wrote:

> Bob Badour wrote:
>

>>Volker Hetzer wrote:
>>
>>>prabuinet schrieb:
>>>
>>>What are opening and closing stock reports?
>>>And is this a homework assignment? You sure go about it like if it is.
>>
>>Nah, he's just some guy in India who isn't really qualified to do your
>>job, and wants you to do it for him so he can get paid instead of you.

> hi Bob,
>
> I accept your comments, every one is working to earn money, I know i'm
> inexperienced to do this job. Due to my lack of experience i got a
> doubt, and i asking for help from others, but I dont want others to do
> my job.
>
> May be the way i'm asking my question would look getting work from
> others.
> Since i'm not good in english, it happens...
> If it seems that i'm wasting your time, i'm sorry ...
>
> i'm new to database programming,
> i don't want to say,
> but the way u commented made me to tell this,
> I have designed an operating system by my own, if u can try it :-)
>
> Prabu

Hi Prabu,

I haven't done any OS design work in over 15 years, so I admit I am a little rusty. I have done a little of it, and I was educated for it.

For the record, the west has no shortage of incompetent people pretending to do database design, and I have never made any secret of that or of my disdain for it. From time to time, one even shows up here asking folks to do his job for him. So, the phenomenon is not in any way restricted to Indians.

While I hope you learn data management theory _before_ practising it any further, my comment was directed more at Volker. The usual response to "I cannot do my job. Will you do it for me?" is silence--like the silence you received from most of the regulars of the newsgroup.

Also, for the record, some of the world's best dbms implementers are Indians who--without doubt--contribute greatly to the IIT's reputation for worldwide excellence and who--also without doubt--have forgotten more about data management than I will ever learn. Received on Mon Oct 16 2006 - 18:43:40 CEST

Original text of this message