Re: Proposal: 6NF

From: Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 12:57:42 +0100

"David Cressey" <dcressey_at_verizon.net> wrote in message news:o1rVg.851$Ye.584_at_trndny04...

> "Roy Hann" <specially_at_processed.almost.meat> wrote in message
>
> Either that or people want to read crappy reports. How much or how little
> you loathe the way ordinary people approach the data is as much a matter
> of
> culture as it is of logic.

Actually I have no particular problem with the printed result. People, including me, are perfectly accustomed to see printed reports with lacunae and whitespace, and we make of it what we will. However the whitespace is not null, it is just whitespace, and crucially that is where it ends. The report is not a table in a database and there is no means nor temptation to misuse it as the input to further productions within the database.

Roy Received on Fri Oct 06 2006 - 13:57:42 CEST

Original text of this message