Re: Proposal: 6NF

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 11:21:29 GMT

"David Cressey" <dcressey_at_verizon.net> wrote in message news:F4uTg.998$rH1.633_at_trndny05...
> First, let's find out where we all agree, then work our way towards where
> there are different viewpoints.
>
> Here's a starter: A schema in DKNF will have no nullable columns.

I got no answers to the first point, but I think we all agree.

Here's the next point.

An outer join between two relational tables will, in general, produce a table with nullable columns.

Note: Brian Selzer has carried this point further in another subthread. Received on Thu Oct 05 2006 - 13:21:29 CEST

Original text of this message