Re: Transforming 1-1-M Ternary Relationships into Logical

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2006 05:56:21 -0700

Bob Badour wrote:
> miklesw_at_gmail.com wrote:
> > What do you mean by "A pointer that allows to design cardinalities"?
> > I'm not following..
> >
> > Cimode wrote:
> >
> >>You are using an incorrect terminology. You believe a relationship is
> >>a pointer that allows to design cardinalities (it is not). The proper
> >>way for you to deal with the problem you are describing is to do some
> >>serious reading about relational model...Here is the reference...Hope
> >>this helps...

> Hi Mike,
>
> Cimode is a crank. In general, you can safely ignore him; however, his
> pointer to Chris Date is sound.
>
> I suspect the reason you have not received any better responses is
> nobody really has any idea what you are talking about.
>
> If you have any 1-1 relative cardinality between two relations, you can
> reduce that into a single relation, which would seem to leave you with a
> simple 1-M foreign key reference. However, I am not confident that I
> even know whe

I have no time playing with you Bob, a people's education quality is at stake.

Mike,

Ignore all comments made by Bob concerning my person (been called worse) but listen to his confirming advice about reading the Date's book. Hope this helps.... Received on Wed Oct 04 2006 - 14:56:21 CEST

Original text of this message