From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:49:25 GMT

paul c wrote:

> Bob Badour wrote:
>

>> paul c wrote:

>>> Yes, but I suspect when I come up with examples, some
>>> trouble/ambibuity will show up.

>>> I wasn't clear - I didn't mean the rva can have any (unique) name we
>>> choose, just wondering if there are times when an rva could be
>>> unnamed without risk - that's what I meant by oddball.
>>
>> If an attribute has no name, how are we to refer to it?
>
> By its type (at least when the type is unique within a relation/relvar),
> which for an rva would be the name of the original relation/relvar.

In other words, use the name of the type as a name for the attribute. Doesn't that mean the attribute then has a name? What if another attribute has the same name as the type? What if two unnamed attributes have the same type? Received on Tue Sep 26 2006 - 00:49:25 CEST

Original text of this message