From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Sep 2006 03:01:58 -0700

pamelafluente_at_libero.it wrote:
> Jan Hidders ha scritto:
>
> > pamelafluente_at_libero.it wrote:
> > > Jan Hidders ha scritto:
> > >
> > > ... but in case of a Median date, how would you proceed?
> > > Would it be all "postprocessing" ?
> >
> > Good question. Can you prove that it would be?
> >
> Ah ah :) It's just the other way round. It's you that are saying that
> your definition is able to model it.

Where did I say that?

> I am the one who is saying that if you can't, your model is not useful.

The type of function I'm talking about has interesting properties, both in terms op computational time and space complexity, as in optimizability through algebraic identities (which is important in the context of database theory).

> [...] Why not opening the mind to some definition more
> powerful and useful There is no need to stick with old theory if a new
> one proves to be better ...

Let me repeat: I consider discussion about definitions usually a waste of time.

  • Jan Hidders