From: Phil Carmody <>
Date: 25 Sep 2006 10:41:03 +0300

"Marshall" <> writes:
> You are full of non-sequiturs in this thread. Chris made a meta
> point about the discussion; if you want to respond to his point,
> you have to do it at the metadiscussion level, not at the level
> of the discussion itself. Furthermore, you seem to have
> completely misinterpreted Phil's point, which as I understand
> it was that the minimizing property does not indentify a unique
> value, but in some cases a range of values. Your complaint
> about Phil's point seems to be that the minimizing property
> does not identify a unique value. Since that was Phil's point
> in the first place, it is altogether unpersuasive in refuting him.

My goodness, is c.d.t really this polite?

I see how my engine-revving wheel-spinning horn honking may have stood out a little now. Most of the rest of usenet is a madhouse with monkeys throwing faeces at each other, and the associated slapstick is all part of the daily fun of such groups. Apologies.

"Home taping is killing big business profits. We left this side blank
so you can help." -- Dead Kennedys, written upon the B-side of tapes of
/In God We Trust, Inc./.