From: Chris Smith <cdsmith_at_twu.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:13:24 -0600

vc <boston103_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> In the case when any point in [0..1] can be a median, both the
> absolute deviation minimizing property and the more traditional
> definition would yield the same result which means that the OP (Pamela)
> was right and her opponent wrong:

I'll just point out that something's gone seriously wrong when participants in a supposedly rational discussion start talking about "opponent"s. So we've got a discussion going where neither party seems eager to establish any kind of willingness to hold an earnest converation. We have "vc" shilling for Pamela without adding much thought, and Phil swearing like a sailor. I'd say any interesting part of this thread has long since been buried.

--
Chris Smith