From: Phil Carmody <thefatphil_demunged_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 25 Sep 2006 00:10:18 +0300

"Brian Selzer" <brian_at_selzer-software.com> writes:
> > Apparently you meant to shoot yourself in the foot - and
> > for the first time in your life - you're a success!
>
> Unfortunately, by descending into the gutter you've succeeded in shooting
> yourself in the foot, and in so doing, have tainted any argument you've made
> up to this point: only someone lacking in imagination or intelligence or
> someone whose argument is weak to begin with has any need to resort to
> profanity or personal attacks.

Logical fallacy - the arguement is independent of the attitude with which it is delivered.

If my argument is flawed, show us all this flaw. Put up, or shut up.

Mathematics is not about about imagination - it's about correctness.

Phil

--
"Home taping is killing big business profits. We left this side blank
so you can help." -- Dead Kennedys, written upon the B-side of tapes of