From: <pamelafluente_at_libero.it>
Date: 24 Sep 2006 12:24:31 -0700

Brian Selzer ha scritto:

weak to begin with has any need to resort to
> profanity or personal attacks.

Right. I have visited many groups, and each one has its own atmosphere.

>From the most helpful and friendly (comp.lang.javascript),
to the most serious ones (in general math and programming group), to the most self-supportive and corporative in their shameless behavior (comp.databases.ms-access)...

Yes, I found strange the presence of strange isolated individuals who are polluting the comp.databases.theory theory group, which I supposed to belong to the "scientific" category.

On the very first naive post I have been attacked heavily by Bob Badour, alias Cimode, alias a person quite interested in making commercials for a certain author of books on data management basics (there is a very high correlation with book references).

I have been called the "invincible ignorant". Not that this offends me, as I regard a "relative ignorance" as an ingredient to be able to give original contributions, but, anyway, the aim was to offend.
(Further, after reading several threads about this touching human case I have begun taking his insults like a joke.)

Another characterizing feature of the polluting individuals is that they are not able to discuss at a scientifical level.

Whenever you do not agree with their views, they take this as a personal attack or insult and begin to vomit any sort of insults.

They (clearly, I talk about isolated individuals) seems just unable to respond with tech arguments.

-P