From: Brian Selzer <brian_at_selzer-software.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:14:25 GMT

"Phil Carmody" <thefatphil_demunged_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:87r6y1jioq.fsf_at_nonospaz.fatphil.org...
> One of the drawbacks of this newsreader is that plonked
> posters' posts are sometimes still visable to me.
> So unfortunately, I see I have this...
>
> "vc" <boston103_at_hotmail.com> writes:
>> Phil Carmody wrote:

>> > I don't need to. You need to learn to read.
>>

>> So instead of calmly explaining what your bizzare statement ("There are
>> some sets, such
>> as {0, 1}, where every value between 0 and 1 (including both
>> endpoints) is minimum [apparently you've meant median].")
>
> No, you fucking idiot, I meant minimum.
> That's why I wrote "minimum".
> Easy, eh - using the words that one means?
>
> If only the ignorant fucks on the receiving end (that's you)
> weren't so depressingly dumb that they through wilful ignorance
> choose to completely misinterpret what is written, and in doing
> so completely fail to get the freaking point.
>
>> means and
>> what specific median definition led you to such conclusion, you
>> continue throwing insults around. Cute. That's quite an argument
>> from a purported reader of sci.math.
>
> Ah, the verb 'to read'. You really need to learn what that word
> means some time. Once you've done that, perhaps you could advance
> to "to understand".
>
> Apparently you meant to shoot yourself in the foot - and
> for the first time in your life - you're a success!

Unfortunately, by descending into the gutter you've succeeded in shooting yourself in the foot, and in so doing, have tainted any argument you've made up to this point: only someone lacking in imagination or intelligence or someone whose argument is weak to begin with has any need to resort to profanity or personal attacks.