From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Sep 2006 09:08:06 -0700

Phil Carmody wrote:
> pamelafluente_at_libero.it writes:
> > the Median is the value which minimize the sum of absolute differences
> >
> > ie. sum | xi - c | is minimum for c = MEDIAN()
>
> If I were Bob Silverman, you'd get one heck of a flaming for
> posting something so obviously somewhere in between unintelligible
> and meaningless (including both endpoints) to sci.math.

Everyone,

  1. Notice that everything the least bit technical that Pamela comes up with has a corresponding wikipedia entry. Notice how in fact she doesn't even really exhibit mastery of the material she points to, but merely manages to quote it in a manner that approximates appropriate context. She is wikipedalling at a furious rate.
  2. Note how she misunderstands many of the things people say, and when you call her on it, she doesn't cop to it, or try to figure out where she went wrong, but only shifts slighty over and tries another inflammatory approach.
  3. She is doing this on purpose.
  4. Pamela is a troll.
  5. "Pamela" is a man.

Marshall Received on Sat Sep 23 2006 - 11:08:06 CDT