From: <pamelafluente_at_libero.it>
Date: 23 Sep 2006 02:42:40 -0700

Jan Hidders ha scritto:

> pamelafluente_at_libero.it wrote:
> > Jan Hidders ha scritto:
> >
> > ... but in case of a Median date, how would you proceed?
> > Would it be all "postprocessing" ?
>
> Good question. Can you prove that it would be?

Ah ah :) It's just the other way round. It's you that are saying that your definition is able to model it.

I am the one who is saying that if you can't, your model is not useful.

You have to show it !!

For some reason some of you guys want to stick to a definition that is proving to be too strict, not even coerent since treat AVG and MEDIAN are treated differently (I have shown that conceptually they are both systesis of a distribution). Not practical. Nor useful to the purpose of implementations. Why not opening the mind to some definition more powerful and useful There is no need to stick with old theory if a new one proves to be better ...

-P Received on Sat Sep 23 2006 - 11:42:40 CEST

Original text of this message