Re: Idempotence and Projection

From: <pamelafluente_at_libero.it>
Date: 20 Sep 2006 06:02:50 -0700

hi David,

David Cressey ha scritto:

> OK. I'll exit this thread and let you carry on that discussion with other

no please :) , why?

> participants. In my view, the whole point behind mastering and using
> databases is to avoid the situation you wish to systematize.

Exactly, that's what db experts are for. But programs, on the other hand, must be deal with general situations (including stupidity), cannot assume all user have perfect design. They are supposed to help doing a good design or detect problems ...

I view it more like a tool to detect potential report issues ...

-P Received on Wed Sep 20 2006 - 15:02:50 CEST

Original text of this message