Re: Real world issue:- OT recreational interval

From: <pamelafluente_at_libero.it>
Date: 17 Sep 2006 11:03:12 -0700

Bob Badour ha scritto:

> In other words, no matter how proud Pamela is of her ignorance, the
> primary role of a dbms is not to compensate for ignorance.

Actually dear Bob,

  I was thinking that the term you have coined for me: the "invincible ignorant" is somehow quite * genial *, and pretty closely it is a portrait of my personality.

 I know you did not intend as a compliment, and just wanted to be rude, to keep up with your stereotype of being the local curmudgeon, bushing all the new entries, but anyway I do like it.

 In all my life, my constant inclination was to be *creative* instead of to be "learnitive". I always preferred to create my wheel instead of studying the others'. And only after finishing it I would compare with the other ones. And sometimes, it even turns out that my wheel run better than the existing ones. When it doesn't I like to study the differences and this process is quite helpful to me.

 I really like that expression of "invincible ignorant". Actually, I do think, seriously, that some (clearly "relative") ignorance

       <space here to say that I am an absolute ignorant :)) >

is fundamental be be able to give original contributions, as usually, once the mind has been impressed by some patterns, it is rather difficult to escape.

 "Ignorance" is, in my opinion, a fundamental ingredient for real originality.
Clearly may not be sufficient. Further, sometimes one can do very trivial mistakes. But I am not afraid to do wrong (especially with software, where I can always redesign it.)

Courage to be wrong and humility to recognize when you are, are essential to grow.

I think I will be using that expression to describe my attitude toward life and science. Thanks.

PS
Ah and if you feel you want to say some thing technical or intelligent instead of constantly vomiting shit, please * do not be ashamed * : I will not think less you than what I am now thinking :)

-P Received on Sun Sep 17 2006 - 20:03:12 CEST

Original text of this message