Re: Real world issue: How to "split" queries in presence of record replication and replication sensitive aggregate functions ?

From: <pamelafluente_at_libero.it>
Date: 16 Sep 2006 08:45:22 -0700

David Cressey ha scritto:

> Such a project is considerably more ambitious than "writing a reporting
> program as an exercise".

Not scared about that :)

> I suggest you define the scope of what you are trying to achieve more
> precisely.

Here it is: ==> I want to focus only on the logic necessary to "split" a join into a Union of select, when istead not splitting it would cause a wrong computation (due to the presence of duplicated values) of some functions which appear in the report.

The other cases are trivial. Making a query generator for the other cases is immediate (to me).

-P Received on Sat Sep 16 2006 - 17:45:22 CEST

Original text of this message