Re: Columns without names

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 14:50:31 GMT

JOG wrote:
> Faced with a data collection something like:
> Tom is aged 20, Dick is aged 30 and Harry is aged 40
>
> I find it apt to view a relation predicate for them as:
> "There is a people_relationship where name is X and age is Y"

As written, I would say this is a predicate ABOUT another predicate. (It would tempt me to think that I want to manipulate people-relationships rather than names and ages.) Ignoring the possible constraints, surely the relationship is about people and and their ages. Wouldn't a more likely predicate be "person X has age Y"?

p Received on Sat Sep 16 2006 - 16:50:31 CEST

Original text of this message