Re: On what OLAP can and what OLAP can't - A little problem

From: <pamelafluente_at_libero.it>
Date: 13 Sep 2006 15:16:33 -0700

Cimode ha scritto:

> Johnny wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >Classical REAL WORLD vs THEORY
> > > argument...(heard that a zillion times) Practice guided by
> > > ignorance leads to one thing and one thing only which is
> > > failure of systems. It is because ignorants like you
> > > design systems that we have to do compromises...
> > Can you point me to some examples of your production
> > databases where ignorants haven't bastardized your solution?
> > Do ignorants include Oracle, IBM, etc?
> Typical idiot who can't think out of a product approach...
> SQL, ORACLE, DB2 are nothing but poor implementations of sound
> concepts...They are nt even relational DBMS's.

SQL certainly isn't :)

Ahah, I wonder if you have ever connected to a real *database*. No certainly, because you actually connect to DBMS' and only the largest majority of people (the idiots) "connect to databases".

Yes *dbms* such as "SQL Server". Oh, that's why you never get to see the data. I never heard anyone succeeded to "connect to SQL server". Perhaps, try with an "istance" of it, might be easier .

Oh right but that's what you really meant. Ok, after you connect to an instance of a DBMS, then would you just remain there suspended in time or would you connect to some database, such as Northwind?

-P

If you were not such a