Re: why hierarchy?

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2006 18:11:33 -0700

> new 'ternaryRelation

Parser would not accept this expression as it must start and end with parenthesis. I'll assume you meant: (new 'ternaryRelation)

> (new 'john 'person)
> (new 'frank 'person)
> (new '10/12/1993 'date)

Ok

> (create 'ternaryRelation john frank 10/12/1993)

Note that 'ternaryRelation refers to the string ternaryRelation. I think you meant ternaryRelation which refers to the thing who name is a word symbolized by the string ternaryRelation. I'll assume you meant: (create ternaryRelation john frank 10/12/1993)

> Rather obvious, isn't it?

It makes the same amount of sense as the sentence "ternaryRelation john frank 10/12/1993", which would confuse most people since, for starters, john is not a verb/relator. Received on Mon Jul 31 2006 - 20:11:33 CDT