Re: why hierarchy?

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2006 14:24:41 -0700

> What if I wanted to record a different sentence -  "A person called
> John is friends with Frank within the remit of Work"?
> (i.e. they aren't friends outside of workhours)

(new 'john 'person)
(new 'frank 'person)
(new 'at 'preposition)
(new 'work)
(create john (create friend at work) frank)
(create frank (select friend at work) john)

OR

(new 'from 'preposition)
(new '9AM 'time)
(new 'to 'preposition)
(new '5PM 'time)
(create john (create friend at work from 9AM to 5PM) frank)
(create frank (select friend at work from 9AM to 5PM) john)

Note: 9AM and 5PM modelled in simplified manner. Received on Mon Jul 31 2006 - 16:24:41 CDT