Re: why hierarchy?

From: JOG <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk>
Date: 30 Jul 2006 05:41:45 -0700

Neo wrote:
> > Alas, it seems he is just going to continue playing secret squirrel games hiding his nuts in the garden and squawking for people to search for them.
>
> See related thread titled "IDJIT! Your Data Model Can't Posssibly Work!"

Noone needs to read another thread to know graph models don't work. Information isn't constrained to binary relationships and your model is. You've essentially just created a big hypertext structure, and I'm not sure at all why you've got confused and are posting it on a database board.

The Semantic Web is doing this exact same thing but on an influential scale with RDF and associated processing languages, so why not help them out instead of flogging your own tiny efforts on an unapplicable newsgroup? Received on Sun Jul 30 2006 - 14:41:45 CEST

Original text of this message