Re: Surrogate Keys: an Implementation Issue

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 03:09:49 GMT

Brian Selzer wrote:
> "paul c" <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac> wrote in message

>> Brian Selzer wrote:
>>> "Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

>>> How much work have you done in the field?  This comment makes you sound
>>> like a neophyte.
>> Is this changing the subject?
>>

> I don't think so. He obviously doesn't have a clue about the problems with
> key volatility. In fact, it appears from his other comments that he doesn't
> understand the fundamental concepts of the Relational Model.

By the Information Principle (if keys have values), 'key volatility' must be value volatility, which is a non-sequitur, as the joke goes about 'military intelligence' (at the moment, I forget the common term for this contradiction, sorry).

As far as "He" goes, the subject is certainly being changed, not to my agreement!

p Received on Fri Jul 28 2006 - 05:09:49 CEST

Original text of this message