Re: why hierarchy?

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2006 08:50:18 -0700

> Basic Requirements: A business has many staff members (with full names
> and a start date), some of whom are direct supervisors over other staff
> members. The business has many clients (with full names), and each
> client is registered on a specific date by a specific staff member.

Ok, please specify a specific data for the above.

Currently dbd doesn't implement user/app-defined constraints. To do so, one would need to write an application in C/C++ which calls dbd via its API. Some code examples at www.dbfordummies.com/Example/Default.asp

> Queries: 'Alice' is retiring. List all of the clients she signed, and all clients signed by employees whom she directly or indirectly supervised.

Ok

> Q: We need to make some staffing cuts. List all current employees who have signed less than 10 clients in the past month, in order of seniority.

Currently, dbd's select statements do not perform math operations, sums, total, etc. For example, find all person who were hired after 1/1/06. It can do something similar, find all current employees who have signed clients X, Y and Z on Date1, Date2, and have senority A, B and C. Received on Thu Jul 27 2006 - 10:50:18 CDT