Re: why hierarchy?

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Jul 2006 17:41:41 -0700

> Paul is saying you spend inordinate amounts of time showing "how to communicate" but very little time showing /what/ is being communicated. You leave it up to us to infer the /what/ or /semantics/ by essentially guessing.

Are you saying one can't infer what is being communicated by the comments prior to each section (which I have copied below)? Each comment starts with "(;" and ends with respective ")".

(; Create a class directory item and name it age)
(; Create a main directory item and name it god)
(; Create a class directory item and name it person)

(; Create a person named adam)
(; Create a person named eve)
(; Create a person named john whose age is 35)
(; Create a person named mary whose age is 25)
(; Create god's children hierarchy)

(; Create a main directory item and name it universe)
(; Create a class directory item and name it planet)
(; Create planet mars)
(; Create planet venus)
(; Create universe's part hierarchy)

Are you saying one can't infer what is being communicated by the figure at referred site (www.dbfordummies.com/example/ex007.asp)?

Could you post a roughly equivalent RM/SQL script that does it better? And will it handle new data requirements as well as dbd's? Received on Thu Jul 27 2006 - 02:41:41 CEST

Original text of this message