Re: Database design ideas or templates...

From: <romantercero_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Jul 2006 18:14:29 -0700

Thanks! This is what I was looking for.

I was surprised to see all the posts after all these days. I thought the thread was dead.

Just to clarify, I've been reading up on the theory (Database Systems a practical approach to design, implementation and management) as it has been some time since I took the 2 clases on databases in university. The problem is, since this is the first
time I design a database of this magnitude it would help a lot if I saw some time
proven structures or examples on wich I can compare my own approach. The book I have has its own example that servers to explain the theroy to a certain extent but if I can find an example that better matches my situation it would clear up a lot of doubt on weather im doing it right or not.

I apreciate the intent but we have selected postgresql for the price and performance it seems to give. Oracle and MS have their free versions but I suspect they are trying to hook customers and later reel them in. Since this is a project that will last about 1 year and will serve around 20 to 30 users it will have its own dedicated server so ram is the least of my worries.

So thanks again, flames and all. Received on Wed Jul 26 2006 - 20:14:29 CDT