Re: why hierarchy?

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:27:33 GMT

Neo wrote:

>>> To verify which method's underlying data model is more general, one can
>>> observe the impact on existing schema/data/query when meeting future
>>> unknown data requirements (to be proposed by someone else). Would
>>> someone be willing to engage in this example?
>> The question is patently impossible/ridiculous. Only a mystic can predict the 'future unknown'.

> I do not assert to predict the future unknown. I only assert that dbd
> is impacted less by future unknown data requirements than any other
> data representation methodology because dbd's is more general. Would
> someone be willing to demonstrate otherwise?

If you're making the claim, it is up to you to show how it so, not for others to refute it. I suspect the former isn't possible as it would necessarily require some unknown to become known for any demonstration to work. This would seem a fallacy if one agrees that the known can't also be unknown.

p Received on Wed Jul 26 2006 - 21:27:33 CEST

Original text of this message