Re: why hierarchy?

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:07:02 GMT

Neo wrote:

>> Still not interested.  Can't help but notice that no way to record God's unnamed father was forthcoming.  That might encourage a more charitable reception.

> (new)
> (createWRR god parent (it))
>
> OR
>
> (new)
> (create god parent (it))
> (create (it) child god)
>

> OR
>
> (new)
> (create god parent (it))

Okay, I'll bite. From the link, apparently 'new', 'createWRR' and 'create' are functions, although it seems to talk only of syntax. What other functions are defined and is the word function used in the usual sense?

Are you merely talking about alternative notation for LISP and a way to serialize it? If so, I'd say 'dbd' is an implementation language, just as assembler or C are, and no more a data language than those two are. For example, what analogue does it have to make a logical inference, such as 'these are the grand-nephews/first cousins twice removed of god's father's sisters'?

p Received on Wed Jul 26 2006 - 21:07:02 CEST

Original text of this message