Re: why hierarchy?

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Jul 2006 11:03:24 -0700

>>> ... I'd rather know what's involved to add God's father to the db.
>>
>> Assuming god's father is a person named bob, it would be:
>
> I didn't mention bob, only God's father.

OK, below assumes God's father is a thing without a name.

(new)
(createWRR god parent (it))

> If 'symbolizedBy' signifies some kind of operation, I'd say verbs and relationships are being mixed up. If it is instead some kind of assertion, I'd say facts and syntax are being mixed up.

Below script creates a word that is symbolized by two different strings:

(new)
(create word instance (it))
(create (it) symbolizedBy 'employe)
(create (it) symbolizedBy 'employee)

I wanted to show that (it) can also be symbolizedBy chinese characters, but I don't have them installed on my PC. Received on Wed Jul 26 2006 - 20:03:24 CEST

Original text of this message