Re: why hierarchy?

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Jul 2006 10:36:12 -0700

> I'm not interested in what a "main directory item" might be ...

In dbd, it isn't necessary to relate god or universe to the main directory. The example does, so that they are visible in the db's visual interface which first displays a node for the main directory. A database like MS Access or SQL Server does approximately the same thing but user doesn't specify it (or have control over it). For example, in SQL, "CREATE TABLE color" creates a table named color AND relates it to the equivalent of the main directory which in Access is the initial window which lists tables, queries, forms, etc.

> Looks like all you are talking about is syntax, not any kind of precise definition of a data theory.

Unlike RM's, dbd's isn't obvious from its various interfaces (ie high-level scripts, GUI or API). Received on Wed Jul 26 2006 - 12:36:12 CDT