Re: MVCC implementation

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 23:59:42 +0100

Some of that history is available on the www.ibphoenix.com site - it's a bit more folksey and intimate that what's on wiki.

http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&page=ibp_history

> Starkey is one of the unrecognized giants, in my view. Some day, I've got
> to learn Firebird.

He's not all that unrecognised, he's probably earning megabucks as the MySQL head of developement or whatever his role is (update - just Googled, "Senior Software Architect").

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.1.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.