MVCC implementation

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Jul 2006 08:27:36 -0700

Hi all,

Am I correct in regarding MVCC as pretty much the state of the art for relational implementation? (I know we hear things about TRM but until there's more published it doesn't seem evaluable.)

Are there any difficulties associated with MVCC implementations supporting nested transactions?

Any good references for reading about MVCC implementation? It's not clear to me how it works. Googling for it is doesn't get me any good references; mostly manuals for SQL products that support it. I'm interested in learning about how to code one up.

Marshall Received on Fri Jul 21 2006 - 10:27:36 CDT