Re: Database design ideas or templates...

From: <romantercero_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Jul 2006 08:48:50 -0700

Hey great! The databaseanswers.org site is pretty neat. I've been looking for a site like this on google but had not been able to find one.

If you or anyone else knows more sites like that one please post them. Or post sites that deal with a specific implementation in detail.

I have looked at purchasing an off the shelf package but the sales people are flexible here so business rules are often bent a bit and people are constantly comming up with new ideas that could not be followed up with something off the shelf with out shelling out a lot of $$$. Also, in my experience companies that make this sort of software treat the customer as a cash cow, making sure that they are alway needed even if it means implementing something in an akward maner. Like a leech. So it makes sence to build it our selves since we understand the business rules and have the experience with the the other warehouse inventory system we are replacing.

Thanks!
:-D