Re: dbdebunk.com

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:43:06 GMT

erk wrote:
> paul c wrote:

>> Forgot to mention that dbdebunk is the source for Pascal's and Date's
>> papers which I like for their carefulness even though as somebody who
>> has a hard time thinking clearly except when horizontal, it drives me
>> crazy that I can't print them out and must read them with that cursed
>> pdf viewer (I've gone for days not being able to remember where I put
>> the !_at_#%$# passwords).

> If you ask when you order them, they'll send you printable versions.
> They don't normally because it increases the size (I think), which
> always seemed a weak justification to me.
>
> Or, you can use gsview or any number of other viewers that will ignore
> the password / print disabled flag.
>
> - erk

(FP once promised print pw's, but he sent the wrong ones and then we got side-tracked in a long exchange about column stores which seemed more important at the time, or maybe I just lost track of the message - if there were one change I could make to this Thunderbird reader, it would be to add 'secondary indexes' aka virtual folders aka VIEWS so that I could collect one message in multiple categories.)

Thanks for the tip about gsview - it didn't occur to me, I'll try it.

p Received on Mon Jul 17 2006 - 17:43:06 CEST

Original text of this message