Re: views of binary operations

From: -CELKO- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 15 Jul 2006 20:55:26 -0700

>> In other words, when we have a view of a binary relation operation, are we necessarily creating a view of the entire expression, or are we making views of the operands? <<

In some SQL products, the optimizer looks at all the sessions that are running. If a VIEW is shared among enough of them, then the VIEW is materialized and treated like a base table. If a VIEW is not shared among enough of them, then the VIEW is treated like an "in-line macro" but it must always behave as if it were materialized. Received on Sun Jul 16 2006 - 05:55:26 CEST

Original text of this message