Re: A good book

From: David Cressey <>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:31:05 GMT

"Marshall" <> wrote in message

> I tend to think of "true proposition" as redundant, but
> there doesn't seem to be a term that would describe
> something that is structurally a proposition but is false.
> So maybe it's reasonable to emphasize it that way.

I tend to think of "well formed formula" as having the same form as a (true) proposition, but being either true or false (or perhaps undecidable).

I could be wrong here. A wff might have the same form as a predicate, not as a proposition. I'm hazy on the formalism. Received on Tue Jul 11 2006 - 14:31:05 CEST

Original text of this message