Re: Keyword searching across 2 tables

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Jul 2006 04:45:14 -0700

My best advice to you is to consider using implementations more targetted on Full text support than SQL...Current SQL implementations have very poor TEXT data type support...As a result, the use of LIKE operator tends to be a resource black hole as the condition are cumulative...

Using Full text capabilities using CONTAINS type operators makes things even worse performance (response time, maintainance, ....) speaking as they are not natively handled by the DBMS (physical layer)...

A new failure of SQL current implementations...