Re: What databases have taught me

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 01:20:22 GMT

Robert Martin wrote:
> On 2006-07-08 15:18:17 -0500, "topmind" <topmind_at_technologist.com> said:
>

>> After thousands of debates and failed attempts to find objective
>> metrics beyond execution speed and matching stated external
>> requirements, I am leaning toward the "art" viewpoint. One man's
>> spehgetti code is another man's masterpeice. Just because I find it a
>> flaming tangled mess does not mean the next guy will.

> While it is certainly true that beauty is subjective, it is astounding
> how much agreement there is over things that are "beautiful". Good
> software is beautiful, and good programmers pursue beauty.

I don't read the other group/nuthouse and this makes me think I'm saving some time. Beauty? Has this guy gone off the deep end?

I think he could sue me for calling him a lunatic and the judge/jury would laugh him out of court.

p Received on Mon Jul 10 2006 - 03:20:22 CEST

Original text of this message