Gray Hair is still relevant

From: Rich Ryan <rryan_at_cshore.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 22:52:34 GMT

This is a real 2006 post:

"Let's say I have a table of users, and each user has a list of categories. I could store each user's categories as TEXT with delimeters like "cat1|cat2|cat3"

But then I need to be able to get a full list of everyone's categories, without duplicates. Retrieving all the categories, exploding them, and then removing the duplicates is a bit slow. Is there a better method?"

What worked 25 years ago still works today.

Rich Received on Sun Jul 09 2006 - 17:52:34 CDT