Re: I think that relational DBs are dead. See link to my article inside

From: Dmitry Shuklin <shuklin_at_bk.ru>
Date: 6 Jul 2006 09:02:09 -0700

Hi Cimode,

> No. I meant how do you deal with missing data? What for instance if
> you have 3 trillions neurons that have a property stored and 1 trillion
> neurons that do not have any value stored for that property (ex:
> wavelength). How do you handle their counting? How do you count
> number of neurons when applying wavelength search criteria? What kind
> of logic do you apply? 2VL or 3VL?

I understand. This is completly non neural problem. But for business aplications it is very important question. select count(*) or select count (field)

I think that SQL implementation is well. count (*) returns 3 and count (field) should return 2. But, as I said before, I dont support declarative queries, so this question is completly open and should be resolved by developer, as he wish. Received on Thu Jul 06 2006 - 18:02:09 CEST

Original text of this message