Re: RM's Canonical database (was: Bob's 'Self-aggrandizing ignorant' Count)

From: Frans Bouma <perseus.usenet.NOSPAM._at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 06 Jul 2006 08:19:34 GMT

Cimode wrote:

> Ron Jeffries wrote:
> > On 4 Jul 2006 05:57:54 -0700, "Cimode" <cimode_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Define middle tier...(you know the stuff you want to put the
> > > business rules into sometimes)...;)
> >
> > Well, how about this:
> >
> > The "middle tier" is a common layer of software presenting
> > business objects and associated rules, mediating all access to the
> > database, and using which all the enterprise's applications are
> > written.
> >
> > Would that work for you as a working definition?
> The point it would or would not work for me is not that important. I
> am trying to understand you.
>
> *business object* are piece of software (right?) and *associated
> rules*. How do you associate rules with software?. Could you define
> such association.

        Do you mean that you're talking about these rules: http://www.orm.net/pdf/dppd.pdf

        and want to see them converted to code or are you talking about rules one would build in check-constraints?

                FB

Lead developer of LLBLGen Pro, the productive O/R mapper for .NET
LLBLGen Pro website: http://www.llblgen.com
My .NET blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/fbouma
Microsoft MVP (C#)