Re: I think that relational DBs are dead. See link to my article inside

From: Dmitry Shuklin <shuklin_at_bk.ru>
Date: 5 Jul 2006 12:42:30 -0700

Hi Ed,

> Joe Celko has an approach for handling trees in SQL. It is more
> difficult than in a network model since elements in a tree form an
> ordered set, while the Relational model deals with unordered sets. But
> if that's your only flaw for Relational model, that's a pretty weak
> arguement.

Yea, this is just ONE known example of flaw. In my research trees doesn't have ordering by default. Ordering should be implemented by developer. It is very easy because each link from a node can be colored by identefier.

> I've never done Nueral nets, but I was told once it is implemented with
> a set of weighting tables. Maybe that is an old approach.

This is normal but not single possible approach to ANNs modeling. I am using different approach - object oriented.

> Good luck with your research.

Thank You Ed

WBR,
Dmitry Received on Wed Jul 05 2006 - 21:42:30 CEST

Original text of this message