Re: I think that relational DBs are dead. See link to my article inside

From: Dmitry Shuklin <shuklin_at_bk.ru>
Date: 4 Jul 2006 08:28:10 -0700

Hi Cimode

> Implementing an elementary storage retrieval mechanism for targetted
> purpose is one thing and does not allow to claim it makes a logical
> model for data management. Implementing a general purpose DBMS creates
> a need to answer several logical questions about operations, data
> integrity, correctenedd etc...Check other posts for what kind of
> operations and characteristics your technology needs to support to be
> sound...Good luck ;)

yes i know that current version is not prefect and has many limitations which current RDBMS doesn't have. But rectrictions of current version doesn't make all idea wrong. may be the same complex question - transaction isolation. for OODBMS with active server it more complex task then for RDBMS

many of OODB can't implement object views and joins. current version of my DB can. also current version already supports undo/redo transactions. It makes sense to use this DBMS as document file format in CAD/CAM applications. Received on Tue Jul 04 2006 - 17:28:10 CEST

Original text of this message