Re: RM's Canonical database

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 03:37:36 GMT

Ron Jeffries wrote:

>>>But then you lose the centralization.
>>
>>If "middle tier" has the usual meaning then the middle tier IS the
>>DBMS.

> This organization had APP -> Middle Tier Code -> DBMS. I find that to be a
> pretty common setup.

Ron, I interpreted Alfredo's point as: If one creates a middle tier to perform database management functions, it necessarily becomes part of the database management system. 1) It is part of a system and 2) it performs database management. Received on Tue Jul 04 2006 - 05:37:36 CEST

Original text of this message